Home > Blogging, Wordpress > My RSS Feed fixed at last

My RSS Feed fixed at last

May 8th, 2007

For a few weeks now my rss feed on this blog was not working and it took me a while to track down the problem. When I ran the feed through the feed validator it reported that the feed was being returned as text/html as opposed to text/xml.

After alot of testing and trying to track the issue down, it eventually turned out to be due to a wordpress plugin that I installed a while back to do syntax highlighting called WP-dp.SyntaxHighlighter. It did the trick with the syntax highlighting for code snippets but it totally messed up my rss feed. In order to fix the feed I deactivated the plugin and began the search for a similar plugin which wouldn’t mess up the rss feed. I have just installed the WP-Syntax plugin as a replacement code syntax highlighter plugin and it works a treat without breaking my rss feed.

Categories: Blogging, Wordpress Tags:
  1. August 25th, 2007 at 15:51 | #1

    Support in RSS feeds was one of the important design considerations for WP-Syntax. I’m glad someone noticed.

  2. Sean
    September 4th, 2007 at 20:56 | #2

    Thanks for the comment Ryan.

Comments are closed.